Saturday, February 25, 2017

Feb 21 - Mommy cooks..

I completely shock myself some times in terms of my cooking.  In an attempt to empty my pantry of the stuff that I buy that I hardly use, found a bag of rice flour, usually I would have given it away to friends but the sudden cook bug gets me unaware and I end up making these gatti chekkalu.  The kid and her friends and of course OA loved them a lot but too much of oil and deep frying like always left me drained.



That said, I remembered my ammamma a lot who made loads and loads of savories and sweets and snacks for us with so much love and never complained once.. from pounding rice with hands to having no gas stoves, they did everything without mumbling and here I am, all I had to do was mix and fry, feeling as if I am done with my dose of cooking for the next 10 days or so... aarrgh.

No comments:

Post a Comment